wild and noisy disorder or confusion; uproar.
synonyms: bedlam, chaos, mayhem, uproar, turmoil, commotion, confusion, anarchy
Pandemonium broke loose when Paradise was Lost.
1. stubbornly refusing to change one’s opinion or course of action.
He was so obdurate that he continued to use a car phone even after they became obsolete.
Julian Smith: Car Phone!
1. having no meaning; making no sense.
Babies’ and Teenagers’ speech is completely nonsensical to all but themselves.
2. ridiculously impractical or ill-advised.
I don’t understand why anyone would voluntarily live north of Virginia. It’s freezing cold and completely nonsensical!
1. showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
His mother cleaned so meticulously that nothing could live; bacteria and human alike. The bacteria were killed by the Lysol and the humans were killed because they had no exposure to bacteria so they caught common colds at school and died due to a lack of immune systems. Way to go clean-freak!
1. a dishonest or unscrupulous man
Forsooth, you sir are no gentleman or scholar. Rather, thou art a knave and a dumbass.
– another term for the jack in cards