Hi everyone! I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Melodrama Effect. She has a great blog so check it out! Also, this looks like a fun award to accept so thanks for the nomination!
These are the rules:
Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog
Display the award on your blog
Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator
Include eleven random facts about yourself
Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1000 followers, and tell them about it
Prepare eleven more questions
Post these rules on your blog
These are The Melodrama Effect’s questions for me:
1. What do you love about yourself? (Trust me, you won’t sound arrogant)
I love that I am generally a positive person. I see the best in people and try to make the most out of bad situations. I also know how to use chopsticks and that’s pretty cool.
2. How would you describe your best friend?
I have between three and seven best friends so now I have been placed in the awkward position of deciding which of them is my favorite person. This is virtually impossible because I love all of my friends dearly. I’ll go with someone who means a lot to me and who I got to know really well especially last year.
She is beautiful and smart. She knows me better than anyone and still loves me. She is encouraging and inspiring. She has a great sense of humor that most people don’t get but that sends me into spasms of laughter. She loves God and strives to glorify him with her life. She is real and vulnerable but also manages to stay positive and smiling even when she’s going through a difficult time. She doesn’t love herself enough and she is the strongest person I know. I am blessed to know her.
3. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
One winter it snowed in North Carolina. I was probably like four or five years old and it was my first experience with a major snow. We had a lot of fun so I remember it very clearly. It snowed two feet and coated the trees and bushes. The world was a winter wonderland. My dad made the lid of our turtle sandbox into a sled and pulled us through the snow. Our cat, Mishi, followed us by leaping from one of dad’s footprints to the next. We made snowmen and angels and had snowball fights. I don’t like snow now, but it was fun back then and I have fond memories of it.
4. Favorite and least favorite subjects in school?
My favorite high school subject was English because I love to read and write. My favorite in college was my Intro to Social Work class because it was really relaxed, fun, and interesting.
My least favorite high school subject was physics cause it was right after lunch and I sucked at it. My least favorite in college was statistics because it was super boring and I learned nothing.
5. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas is my favorite because there is so much meaning in the holiday and I also really enjoy the festivities and exchanging gifts.
6. What do you want to do most, right now, at this very moment?
Hug my boyfriend because I miss him. Or go to Europe maybe. Or both.
7. What’s one thing you never leave the house without?
My cell phone. I think most people would say the same. Sometimes I leave without money or a drivers license but I feel more lost without my cell phone. It’s sad.
8. What movie would you recommend to anyone?
The Princess Bride. I basically have it memorized because I love it so much. It can be watched every month by children from 1 month up to 120 years old. This movie could fall under many different genres so it appeals to almost everyone. It is quotable and hilarious and I enjoy watching it to this day even though I’ve already watched it a million times.
9. What’s your favorite food-and-drink combination?
Coffee and coffee. It’s what I have for breakfast every morning and I cannot live without it. I also enjoy steak and water or tea and anything else.
10. What’s one thing you wish you were good at?
I wish I could longboard like a pro.
11. Why do you blog?
Because it’s fun and one of my summer goals was to start a blog.
Eleven random facts about myself:
- I am an awkward nerd. I like Doctor Who and weird music and I do/say stupid stuff and hope to God that no one noticed. See my How to Be Socially Awkward post to become me.
- My mum thinks I’m hipster, but neither she nor I knew what exactly “being hipster” meant until I met my hipster boyfriend.
- I have two cats, two dogs, and three horses. Once upon a time I also had a llama, a donkey, four birds, and twenty million inbred rabbits.
- I am a junior Spanish and sociology double major and I have no idea what I want to do with my life.
- I wash my hair with conditioner cause it’s healthier than shampoo.
- I hate needles.
- By the time I was thirteen, I had moved eight times and lived in four states.
- One of my life goals is to travel the world after college. (See my bucket list for more life goals.)
- I play the guitar.
- I love all music except for country, heavy metal/screamo, and annoyingly overplayed radio singles. Here <— is a list of some of my favorite songs.
- I am going to Chile for fall semester abroad in fourteen days. *internally freaking out*
Bored of Compromise
Just Missie’s Blog
Inadequacy Killed the Cat
Maja Malmcrona Wrangstadh
The GLORYwhole: My (Gay) Christian Life and Beyond
The Unnecessarily Necessary Music Blog
Unsane Beyond Sanity
Picture :: Happiness
We Fall Laughing
Coffee Write Repeat
And my eleven questions:
- If you could visit any five countries in the world with no time or money constraints, where would you go and why?
- What inspires or motivates you?
- How would you describe yourself in ten words?
- What is the craziest or awesomest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- Do you remember your dreams? If so, what was your weirdest dream?
- What is your favorite band/song/genre of music?
- How would you describe a perfect day?
- Do you prefer cold weather or hot weather?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What do you love more than anything else and why?
Thanks again to The Melodrama Effect for the nomination and I’m looking forward to hearing from the people I nominated!